Friday, March 4, 2011

Issues Thesis say whaaaa?

As our World becomes increasingly more connected, the popularity of using English as the primary learning language in African Schools has become all but standardized. This results in an often hindered progression of those children who are forced to reconcile their mother tongue in pursuit of a globalized education before they've mastered basic concepts requisite for success. 


It's very rough, and definitely needs some refining and more particulars, buuuut having not done much research yet, I'll have to fill those in after the fact when my argument has matured more. 

3 comments:

  1. I like what you said about English becoming popular. Senior year, in my English class, we watched a video describing how so many native languages are being overrun because almost everywhere find the need to adopt a more "common" language. It's sad because this results in diminishing their own language, and even their culture. Sounds very cool.

    - mmg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like where you are going with this and I think you have a pretty decent start. I can't wait to find out more once you get some research done and started.

    AEB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. English is pretty much the Lingua franca of the world. A lot of cultures are losing their native languages in favor of more mainstream languages... especially English. This is a good topic!

    ReplyDelete