Saturday, February 26, 2011

R.A. Reflection

I definitely liked writing this essay. I haven't done a Rhetorical Analysis since the AP English test my junior year of High School; it was fun getting back into the swing of how they are done. I liked my topic and I was grateful we had the opportunity to choose, for ourselves, which article we wanted to analyze. I feel like the time table has been perfect. I never felt rushed or like I was wasting time. Every step of the editing process was worth while. I feel like a little more instruction on specific strategies would've been beneficial earlier on. We went over lots on a friday class, but that was after we were supposed to have written most of our essays. I think that might have saved students some time and stress

3 comments:

  1. Yeah good point on the strategies instruction. I remember I wrote that pathos, ethos, and logos were good forms of rhetoric, which turned out to not be a correct way of saying it...so it just turned into more time trying to fix it after the fact. I totally forgot about that. Good call!

    MEB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also really glad that we were able to chose our own topics! Its so much easier to write about something that you find interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool that you've done something like the RA before, probably means that you were way ahead of some of us in the class, myself included. I think it's really important that you like your article. Analyzing something that's boring and uninteresting is SO painful. It's good you liked yours because I think it means that you're paper will definitely be that much better! Good Luck.

    -mmg

    ReplyDelete